Disneytoon Studios is an industry leader in the production
of quality animated films for theatrical and DVD release. The unparalleled
pioneer and marketplace leader of the DVD/video premiere industry,
DisneyToon Studios has created such landmark films as 'Lion King 1-1/2',
'The Lion King II: Simba's Pride', 'Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's
Adventure', 'The Tiger Movie', 'The Recess Movie', 'Return to Neverland',
and '101 Dalmatians II'. We have a great opportunity for a Manager,
Artistic Resources and
Ensure day-to-day cohesiveness and implementation of the training
and internal production staffing needs of DisneyToon Studios. Develop
and maintain relationships with production management and artistic
staff. Anticipate and prepare for production training and staffing
· Research and make recommendations to management for artist
development programs. This includes internal programs and programs
offered through third-parties.
· Create, design, and implement training programs based on
needs of division and productions.
· Conduct training needs assessments as the studio transitions
· In conjunction with Director, Artistic and Professional
Development arrange enrichment events including lunchtime lectures,
screenings and other training events.
· In conjunction with DTS Employee Services arrange facilities,
equipment, and supporting materials for training programs.
· Administer logistics of ongoing classes (character sculpture,
gesture drawing, life drawing, etc.) including scheduling, setting
up classroom, ordering materials and supplies, and vendor payments.
· Conduct training programs as necessary and appropriate.
· Counsel artists on individual development needs.
· Maintain training center and computer lab.
Production Staffing Responsibilities:
· Establish and maintain relationships with production management,
directors, producers, creative executives, executive leadership,
etc. making sure staffing needs are being met.
· Establish and maintain relationships with artists providing
advice and guidance on portfolio updates, development needs, etc.
· In conjunction with Animation Recruitment, establish and
maintain relationships with art schools. Create and enhance awareness
of DTS and its needs in the artistic community.
· Attend production story pitch sessions.
· Maintain internal job postings.
· Develop job descriptions for production titles.
· Maintain database of available artists and production management
personnel. Track internal artist availability and end dates, skill
sets, and salary ranges.
· Liaison with internal animation studios for artist loan-outs.
· Conduct Portfolio/Reel review boards (in conjunction with
Animation Recruitment Dept.)
· School Recruitment Task Force member.
· Coordinate executive screenings of new talent.
· Attend school visits, industry mixers, and festivals as
· Manage Artistic and Production Staff Performance Review
Manage annual Training and Recruiting Budget.
Assist with other HR Department functions and projects as necessary.
· Bachelor's Degree (desired) or equivalent work experience
· Minimum 4 year's experience in areas of animation production
and related software programs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Knowledge of SAP processes. (desired)
· Understanding of the various means of animation production
processes including: traditional, digital 2D, 3D, and production
· Knowledge of animation related software, hardware, procedures,