Job Description - You will design, as well as create
- from concept, 3D character models using Maya. Work with Design,
Animation and World/Level Art disciplines to ensure the consistency
and quality of all characters. Work with the Producer and Game Director,
as well as all other disciplines, in defining Character directions.
The Lead role as a Character Artist will involve, but is
not limited to:
- Managing the responsibility of developing the most complex Character
Models in the game.
- Experience in scheduling and managing a team of Character Artists.
This includes designating all education of in house staff on new
technical issues and tools of character production.
- Have a strong understanding of games and game character design.
Knowledge of console or PC game platform limitations should be
- Experience to anticipate how characters will blend into game
engines artistically and visually.
- Combining ideas and methodology of character creation to produce
an efficient and streamlined pipeline that other Character Artists
Qualifications for a Senior Artist, Lead Character Artist: