The following job description is available to you to get
an idea of what employers are looking for in candidates for Webmaster.
Take a look at some of this skills that are sought after in todays
market for employers looking to fill webmaster roles.
Webmaster Position Summary
As an integral member of the Information Systems team, the Webmaster
assists the IS Manager in meeting the organization's web-based publications
goals and objectives through the design, maintenance, update and
management of the company's Web sites both Internet and Intranet.
The Webmaster will use a combination of design and technical skills
to make these Web sites aesthetically pleasing, functional, interactive,
secure and easily navigable. The Webmaster will take a leadership
role in fostering user input in the enhancement of the company's
Web sites and Intranet.
Webmaster Position Functions
- 7 Assures that information on the company's Web sites is represented
in a clear, concise and secure manner and that these Web sites
meet the high standards of Company publications.
- 7 Supports the IS Manager and other staff members in the accomplishment
of their duties as they relate to the organization's Web publications.
- 7 Under the IS Manager's direction, works with appropriate staff
from the company to develop and maintain e-commerce solutions
on our Web site(s). Identifies, implements, and maintains an e-commerce
solution for the organization's Web site(s)
- 7 Using his/her creative skills develops a consistent design
structure for each of the Company's Web site publications.
- Supports the staff with the design of Web pages that support
new and existing internet-based tools and support applications.
- Assists in developing intranet Web pages, forms and structures
to serve the organization's internal needs.
- Implements multimedia solutions for our Web site(s) (web cams,
streaming video, animation and audio clips) where appropriate,
and within the high standards of quality of other Company publications
- May develop online discussion forums and/or similar interactive
tools that directly serve our core constituency.
- Makes recommendations regarding design issues, upgrades, and
security relating to Internet and Intranet presence.
- Provides for stable and high-speed connectivity to existing
- Monitors Web use and provides relevant statistical data and
reports regarding utilization of the Company's Web sites, making
recommendations for enhancements that will increase access and
utilization by internal and external constituencies.
- Assists in monitoring software licenses to ensure compliance.
- Insures that all Internet and Intranet Standards are met and
that the Company does not intentionally violate any standards
that would place the Company's domain in jeopardy.
- Maintain and administer all legal Internet domains owned by
- Responsible for seeking and investigating new ways to serve
the Company's internal and external constituencies and for ways
to use the Internet and Intranet to more effectively increase
the Company's internal efficiency, flow of information and communication
- Utilizes technology to provide staff with a fast, accurate,
and secure method of gaining access to information, so that they
can service internal and external constituencies in the fastest,
most efficient and timely manner possible
- Operates with a high degree of autonomy and represents the Company
in interactions with internal and external constituencies in a
calm, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Assists in the plans and development of systems for carrying
out annual tasks such as the Implementation Plan.
- Develops and implements training programs, seminars, and tip
sheets to assist staff members in the use of the Company's Web
sites (internet and intranet).
- Assists the IS Manager with special tasks related to our Web
Webmaster Position Qualifications
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Webmaster and/or programmer preferred
or BA/BS in computer science with 2 years direct experience
- Must have detailed knowledge of Administrative function for
IIS, AS400, Exchange 5.5 and Win2000/NT
- Experience with development methodology in support of web projects
highly desired and Object Oriented
- Programming, N-tier design
- Must have experience with secure web sites and demonstrate data
- Ability to bridge between IBM AS400, JHA, SQL,RPG, CL Scripting,
Java and Query statements
- Data Access, Administration and Design skills (MS SQL 2000)
- Detailed knowledge of HTTP, HTTPS, security protocols and firewall
- Knowledge of CL script, RPG, KIX script, Java, Java Script,
VB, VBScript, C, C++, C#, HTML, CSS, XML, XLS,
- ASP, ASP.NET, ADO, ADO.NET, T-SQL
- Internet and Database Security including firewall rules and
- Web site creation software program (such as MS FrontPage or
Macromedia Dreamweaver), and skills in
- Adobe PhotoShop, Macromedia Fireworks or similar design software
- Must possess a project level approach to work loads, accurately
set expectations and deliver on those expectations
- Skills in other server-side and client-side web languages such
as Java, Perl, SGML, ColdFusion, ActiveX,
- etc. would also be valuable
- Must have developed an aesthetically pleasing web based application
- Knowledge of W3C standards, current browser technology, and
search engines is also important.
- Must possess Data Access, Administration and Design skills (MS
- Must be able to participate in on-call schedul
- Maintains confidentiality
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
- Demonstrates capacity for organization, prioritization, and
management in a dynamically changing environment
- Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and mission
of the Company
- Possession of a valid driver's license required due to travel